Rick E. Oelerich, LPA, EA
Rick is the principal owner and manager of Oelerich & Associates. He provides a wide range of advisory, accounting, and tax services. His specialty is tax planning and compliance for small businesses and their owners. He has also worked extensively in the taxpayer representation field since 1975. Rick joined the firm in 1972, after attending Drake University and Iowa State University. He is a Licensed Public Accountant in the State of Iowa and an authorized enrolled agent, allowing him to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service.
Rick has served as:
- President of the Accountants Association of Iowa, 1992-93
- National Society of Accountants Iowa State Director
- Member of the National Society of Accountants Federal Tax Committee from, 1995 – 2005
- Advisor to the Subject Matter Expert Panel of the Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation
- Appointee to the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Committee, 1997 - 2001
- Appointee to the IRS Electronic Tax Administration Advisory Committee, 2001 - 2004
- Advisor to the federal tax policy board of the National Council on Taxpayer Advocacy and National Society of Tax Practitioners
- Testified before congressional IRS Oversight on Tax Issues
Douglas S. Reiling, CPA
Doug manages the accounting, tax, and support teams at Oelerich & Associates. He provides a wide range of advisory, accounting, and tax services. His specialty is advisory services for small businesses and entrepreneurs, including startup support, entity selection, financial analysis, and business sale due diligence.
Doug’s first lessons in accounting and business management came from his years working as a bookkeeper and general manager for his family’s small business. Having spent a number of years in auditing and taxation at another public accounting firm in the Quad Cities, Doug brought his skills and experience in the small business advisory field to Oelerich and Associates in 2013.
Doug graduated at the top of his class from Western Illinois University and has a Bachelor of Business degree in Accountancy and Finance. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Iowa and is a member of both the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants.